Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Burlington Cemetery

New Burlington Cemetery is located at the North West Corner of Mill & Springdale Road in Springfield Township, Hamilton County, Ohio. It is a very small cemetery. It doesn't have a date, but from my findings it looks like the oldest death was 1835. It is still active. I found one plot of a death this year. There was another plot with a husband and wife and the husband was deceased but the wife wasn't. It looks to be kept in good shape, but the funny thing is that I use to drive by this cemetery five days a week for about 2 years and I have never seen anyone in the cemetery. The chapel doesn't even have the name on it and it doesn't really look like it is used very often, which could be true since it is a very small cemetery. Some of the stones are in good condition and some of the older ones I could hardly read. Over all I suprised at the findings, I thought that the cemetery was inactive since I had not ever witnessed anyone in the cemetery. Below is the link of how I found the information about my cemetery.
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ohhamilt/cemeteries.html

No comments:

Post a Comment